There are many options for fitness and it is important to find the one that is right for you – do you have any workouts that don’t seem like work? Do you enjoy lifting weights, running, or dance? If find something that is fun to do, it is so much easier to stick with it.
It is a well-known fact that you need to stick with something for 21 days before it becomes a habit – what can you do to start the new routine?
- Prepare ahead of time – pack your gym bag and keep it in the car.
- Plan the time of day that works best for you – early morning and your workout is complete first and the rest of the day is yours.
- If you need to work out later in the day, plan your day around a class or an activity that you can do before going home for the evening.
- Treat yourself to new fitness apparel.
- Plan to meet up with a friend to work out.
As Nike says, “Just Do It!” Once you have found your activity and you get into the habit of a fitness routine, your energy level will increase and keeping a routine will get easier. You will start to prioritize your time at the gym and you will love the way you feel.